After the fire last Sunday, I did some testing, and found a good hunk of my 10-year old PC was gone. The cost to repair was going to be significant, and I’d be left with the guts of an old PC. I decided to replace the PC with a business-class small form factor machine. Much faster CPU, more RAM, a faster SSD, and much smaller/quieter is the good news. Bad news is that any new PC requires lots of software updates and configuration.
Yesterday I spent about four hours to get the PC up and running with all the required updates and drivers. This morning I started working on the ham applications; HRD, tQSL, WSJT-X, and JTAlert. About four hours later I had my first FT-8 QSO in the log book and uploaded to LotW.
Now I need to get all my tools loaded for Frequency Measurement Tests, and a few other ham related toys.